Flavour pearls - Australian made gourmet garnish
Flavour Pearls are a cost effective and convenient way to add a grand point of difference to your menus. Instead of spending precious time and labour hours creating exquisite garnishes, simply purchase what you need, as you need it. That way, your staff can focus their time and energy in other areas. They are created using ‘Molecular Gastronomy’ (where foods’ taste and texture is transformed to challenge the senses). Aside from the attractive retail packs, Flavour Pearls are available in larger foodservice size for caterers and restaurants.
Flavour Pearls add the element of WOW to your menu as well as novelty, excitement as fun. They literally burst with flavour in the mouth and feature caviar-like beauty. They are not a solid gel, but rather, deliver an intense liquid burst when bitten into. So not only is it a flavour sensation but a wonderfully novel experience as well.
Peninsula Larder can create custom flavours for you too. In recent times, they have produced Mint Sauce, Ginger Beer, Pink Champagne & Lime and Black Vinegar & Ginger. Custom flavours complement the existing range which are eagerly embraced by chefs and caterers.
With a great shelf life, Flavour Pearls can be on hand for whenever you need to create something truly special. Texture is an enormous element of the culinary experience. That irresistible ‘pop’ will have guests and customers coming back for more.
- Vegan, gluten and dairy free
- A delicious finish for sweet or savoury canapes and finger foods
- Can be served on hot or cold food
- Brilliant in champagne and cocktails
- Ideal gift for your foodie friends and family
- An intense liquid burst
- Proudly Australian made
- Available in catering sizes
- Custom flavours are available
Recommended serving size is 10 pearls. A 50g jar contains more than 160 pearls while the 110g jars contain more than 340 pearls. Flavour Pearls are also available in 300g catering tubs for foodservice businesses. Simply use as desired and then store in the refrigerator after opening.
Take a look at the dazzling array of flavours. While Flavour Pearls make a stunning addition to canapes and finger foods, they are also wonderful for other dishes on your menu.
- Yuzu Flavour Pearls offer an intense zingy citrus burst (lemon, mandarin and grapefruit notes). With a lovely opaque pale golden colour, they will give a lift to many dishes, seafood, salads and sweets.
- Truffled Honey Flavour Pearls are a golden colour with a luxurious speckle of truffle within the pearls. Aromatic and pretty, they add a luxurious touch to your cheeses and platters.
- Honey Flavour Pearls are a unique accompaniment for your cheeseboard. Delicious with creamy dishes like a vanilla pannacotta or mousse.
- Shallot & Vinegar Flavour Pearls are delicate pink in colour. Created with intense white balsamic vinegar steeped with shallots they are ideal for oysters, seafood, salads and charcuterie.
- Raspberry Flavour Pearls have a fresh raspberry flavour. Try them with desserts, salads and many savoury meat dishes too.
- Lemon & Black Pepper Flavour Pearls are wonderfully aromatic with a big citrus punch. Delicious with fish and seafood. Try them with white meats or even a little grilled saganaki. A nice twist for desserts too.
- Tangerine Flavour Pearls are both versatile and beautiful. Lovely in a cocktail or champagne. Deliciously tart and eye catching, they will make your salads pop! A great contrast for a rich chocolate dessert, or a fresh burst to top a simple cheesecake. Try them with seafood too.
- Strawberry Flavour Pearls have an intense flavour and striking colour and make any dessert or cocktail special. What a talking point for your champagne toast!
- Balsamic Flavour Pearls are very versatile and striking to look at. With an intense flavour, they are brilliant as a garnish and dressing for your salad (you can dress them ahead of time and the leaves will remain crisp). Also, special with cheese and antipasto and a delicious sauce alternative for steak! Try them with strawberries. They’re like black gold.
- White Balsamic Flavour Pearls A subtle tang which pairs beautifully with seafood (oysters, smoked salmon, white fish, etc.), asparagus, salads and more. (Foodservice only.)
- Soy Flavour Pearls add a rich, dark burst of intense saltiness to your dishes. Ideal for individual portions and canapés. Good in soups too. (Foodservice only.)
- Apple Flavour Pearls have a fresh sharp flavour that complements many meat dishes. Try pairing them with crisp pork belly, a slice of terrine, or as a gourmet garnish for your roast pork. Another dimension for your dessert plate or cheese and fruit platter.
- Salted Caramel Flavour Pearls are a winner with all your favourite desserts. From hot puddings to ice cream and everything between. Think what a decadent cocktail they’ll make.
- Blackcurrant Flavour Pearls are delicious with meats, game (duck/kangaroo), hams and cured meats. Also, a nice touch for your desserts and salads. Try them in your champagne for a ‘Kir Royale’ style cocktail.
- Passionfruit Flavour Pearls are an elegant burst of flavour, great with many desserts and cocktails. They also work well with many savoury dishes too, seafoods and salads to name a few.
- Native Bush Tomato Flavour Pearls with a fresh tomato burst flecked with sun dried Native Bush Tomato pieces…. a delicious addition to all meats, seafood and vegetables dishes. A vibrant garnish for canapes too. Perfect to add a gourmet touch to your vegan and gluten free entertaining.
- Lemon Myrtle Flavour Pearls… Just delicious with seafood, white meats and salads alike. A fresh burst for sweet dishes too.
- Pepperberry & Cherry Flavour Pearls, with a slightly sweet burst and an almost earthy pepper bite …. a delicious addition to all meats, seafood and vegetables dishes. Take your traditional Ploughman's platter to a new level. A vibrant garnish for canapes too. Perfect to add a gourmet touch to your vegan and gluten free entertaining.
Excellent for large volume catering
Speak to Peninsula Larder about supplying Flavour Pearls in foodservice and catering quantities. Use them as a topping for sweet or savoury canapes, a glamorous finish for your semifreddo, panacotta or slab cake or to provide more decadent presentation for flutes of champagne or even cocktails and shots. At just a few cents per portion, they represent excellent ‘bang for buck’.
Flavour Pearls are brilliant for bars and clubs
Strawberry Flavour Pearls are wonderful in a glass of Champagne (much the same way that hibiscus flowers are used, just a little easier to consume). This is a fantastic way to celebrate opening nights and gala events; you will have social media on fire that night! Flavour Pearls are a brilliant add-in to a cocktail or shooter special for the week.
Flavour Pearls are a cost effective, convenient and consistent product for commercial kitchens that will add a glamorous touch with an exciting burst of flavour to many dishes on your menus. Great for large scale caterers and small restaurants alike. Molecular gastronomy conveniently brought to you in a shelf stable 300g tub.
Peninsula Larder’s Flavour Pearls make a stylish addition to gift displays and offer something new, exciting and different for the enthusiastic foodie who likes to be a few steps ahead of the game. Offer taste tests, consider presenting demonstrations and be sure to merchandise alongside complementary foods and drinks.
To discuss your requirements or to place your first order, contact Peninsula Larder today.
More information about Peninsula Larder
Interview - Fiona Verwoerd - Peninsula Larder
Flavour Pearls are the brainchild of Fiona Verwoerd and Rodney Graham, Co-Owners of Peninsula Larder. Innovative and enchanting, these little beads of liquid can singlehandedly transform the presentation of a dish in mere moments. Fiona and Rodney told us how they came to be and how they’re being used in the real world. Click here
Peninsula Larders Flavour Pearls are a luxury gourmet garnish for both food and drinks. Australian made - Gluten free - Vegan - Liquid bursting centre. There are over 15 flavours available!