Flavour pearls - Australian made gourmet garnish
Gluten free Flavour Pearls by Australian company, Peninsula Larder are a cost-effective and convenient way to add excitement and glamour to sweet and savoury dishes. Each pearl is not a solid gel but rather a capsule of intensely-flavoured liquid that pops when bitten into. As well as being a flavour sensation, Flavour Pearls are a memorable, novel experience that your customers will love.
Produced using ‘Molecular Gastronomy’, each flavour has its own personality. With colours to match the various flavours, they are ideal for garnishes and can be paired with limitless dishes, canapes and finger foods. Use them on hot or cold foods and add them to champagne or cocktails.
Being gluten free removes the hassle of trying to come up with new and innovative ideas for garnishes that will suit dietary requirements. They are also dairy free and vegan. Available in attractive retail jars or in larger 300g foodservice quantities for hospitality and catering applications.
The recommended serving size is 10 pearls. Every 50g jar contains more than 160 pearls and 110g jars contain more than 340 pearls. Simply use as required then store in the fridge after opening.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy free
- A delicious finish for sweet or savoury canapes and finger foods
- Can be served on hot or cold food
- Brilliant in champagne and cocktails
- Ideal gift for your foodie friends and family
- An intense liquid burst
- Proudly Australian made
- Available in catering sizes
Flavour Pearls go beyond routine flavours. Truly gourmet, each exciting variety will inspire your menu and instantly elevate even the simplest dishes, sweet and savoury, to greater heights.
- Yuzu Flavour Pearls offer an intense zingy citrus burst (lemon, mandarin and grapefruit notes). With a lovely opaque pale golden colour, they will give a lift to many dishes, seafood, salads and sweets.
- Truffled Honey Flavour Pearls are a golden colour with a luxurious speckle of truffle within the pearls. Aromatic and pretty, they add a luxurious touch to your cheeses and platters.
- Honey Mustard Flavour Pearls with hot English heat, clear golden colour with a speckle of mustard seeds and a subtle hint of honey are fabulous with meats, cheeses, salads and share platters.
- Honey Flavour Pearls are a unique accompaniment for your cheeseboard. They make a sophisticated topping for pikelets or crepes. Offer them as something special at breakfast on your porridge or yogurt or try them in your tea. Delicious with creamy dishes like a vanilla pannacotta or mousse.
- Shallot & Vinegar Flavour Pearls are delicate pink in colour. Created with intense white balsamic vinegar steeped with shallots they are ideal for oysters, seafood, salads and charcuterie.
- Raspberry Flavour Pearls have a fresh raspberry flavour. Try them with desserts, salads and many savoury meat dishes too.
- Saffron & Pear Flavour Pearls, with their beautiful golden colour, luxurious pear flavour and subtle hint of saffron are great with creamy desserts, cheese boards and salads.
- Lemon & Black Pepper Flavour Pearls are wonderfully aromatic with a big citrus punch. Delicious with fish and seafood. Try them with white meats or even a little grilled saganaki. A nice twist for desserts too.
- Tangerine Flavour Pearls are both versatile and beautiful. Lovely in a cocktail or champagne. Deliciously tart and eye catching, they will make your salads pop! A great contrast for a rich chocolate dessert, or a fresh burst to top a simple cheesecake. Try them with seafood too.
- Strawberry Flavour Pearls have an intense flavour and striking colour and make any dessert or cocktail special. What a talking point for your champagne toast!
- Balsamic Flavour Pearls are very versatile and striking to look at. With an intense flavour, they are brilliant as a garnish and dressing for your salad (you can dress them ahead of time and the leaves will remain crisp). Also, special with cheese and antipasto and a delicious sauce alternative for steak! Try them with strawberries. They’re like black gold.
- White Balsamic Flavour Pearls A subtle tang which pairs beautifully with seafood (oysters, smoked salmon, white fish, etc.), asparagus, salads and more.
- Soy Flavour Pearls add a rich, dark burst of intense saltiness to your dishes. Ideal for individual portions and canapés. Good in soups too. (Foodservice only.)
- Apple Flavour Pearls have a fresh sharp flavour that complements many meat dishes. Try pairing them with crisp pork belly, a slice of terrine, or as a gourmet garnish for your roast pork. Another dimension for your dessert plate or cheese and fruit platter.
- Salted Caramel Flavour Pearls are a winner with all your favourite desserts. From hot puddings to ice cream and everything between. Think what a decadent cocktail they’ll make.
- Blackcurrant Flavour Pearls are delicious with meats, game (duck/kangaroo), hams and cured meats. Also, a nice touch for your desserts and salads. Try them in your champagne for a ‘Kir Royale’ style cocktail.
- Passionfruit Flavour Pearls are an elegant burst of flavour, great with many desserts and cocktails. They also work well with many savoury dishes too, seafoods and salads to name a few.
Wonderful for large volume catering
Flavour Pearls are packed in convenient 300g tubs for foodservice and only require refrigeration after opening. That means they are ideal for carrying to outdoor catered events or where cool room space is limited. Use them to top sweet and savoury finger foods, to provide a glamorous finish for cakes, brulees and mousses, or to add an effortless touch of opulence to cocktails, champagne or shooters.
A fun product for clubs and bars
A twist of lemon peel or a sprig of mint can be a little passé so add a few Flavour Pearls to drinks for a novel touch and infinite visual appeal. Very ‘Insta-worthy’, they will create a buzz with guests.
Flavour Pearls are a cost-effective and consistent gluten free product to keep on hand in commercial kitchens. Excellent for small restaurants and large-scale hotel kitchens alike. Supplied in a shelf-stable 300g tub, they represent fantastic convenience and practicality.
Customers are always intrigued by Peninsula Larder’s Flavour Pearls when they see them in stores. Create colourful displays, add to gift suggestions, offer taste tests and position alongside complementary foods and drinks. Ideal for delicatessens, provedores and gluten free retailers.
To find out more or to place your first order, contact Peninsula Larder today.
More information about Peninsula Larder
Interview - Fiona Verwoerd - Peninsula Larder
Flavour Pearls are the brainchild of Fiona Verwoerd and Rodney Graham, Co-Owners of Peninsula Larder. Innovative and enchanting, these little beads of liquid can singlehandedly transform the presentation of a dish in mere moments. Fiona and Rodney told us how they came to be and how they’re being used in the real world. Click here
Peninsula Larders Flavour Pearls are a luxury gourmet garnish for both food and drinks. Australian made - Gluten free - Vegan - Liquid bursting centre. There are over 15 flavours available!