Bunny Chow Down
Bunny Chow Down
Award Winning Chutneys, Jams, Marmalades, Pickles, Glazes and Sauces
Australian Scott and South African Tracy went into business, originally to offer the South African curry delicacy ‘Bunny Chow’ to Aussies. When they found the flavours weren’t wholeheartedly embraced, they turned their attention to making the chutneys that go with Bunny Chow. That was where their customers were really to be found and since the earliest days, they expanded their chutneys range to include jams, pickles, marmalades, glazes and seasonings and rubs.
Today, their range is increasingly popular as people look for ways to add new zest to their meals repertoires in simple ways. The Bunny Chow Down range is lively, vibrant and exciting as well as entirely vegan, and:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Thickener/emulsifier free
- No added preservatives
The products also make wonderful inclusions in gourmet gift hampers! Make up mock hampers so customers can be inspired to give a Bunny Chow Down care package to friends who love flavour, or suggest individual products as take-along gifts for dinner parties and barbecues.
So much flavour in every jar! Find new ways to add personality to old and new dishes, simply by adding a spoonful of Bunny Chow Down chutney.
- Beetroot Apple Chutney – Use on sandwiches or stir through coconut yoghurt to create a lovely dip. Ingredients: beetroot, carrot, apple, turmeric, cumin, sugar, white vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper and spices.
- Onion Chilli Basil Chutney –Stir a tablespoon through a Napoletana sauce for a pasta topping. Ingredients: onion, chilli, basil, garlic, tomato, brown vinegar, black pepper sugar and salt.
- Mango Mix Chutney –Try it with your next veg curry. Ingredients: mango, *mix, garlic, sultanas, sugar, vinegar, coriander, cumin, ginger, cardamom & onions. *Can include: kiwi, pawpaw, dragon fruit, quince and or apple.
- Tomato Salsa Chutney – Replace your usual tomato ketchup with this chutney on your next burger and chips. Mix with cashew cream and scoop with crispy bread. Ingredients: tomato, onion, vinegar, chilli, garlic, ginger, salt, lemon, cumin, sugar and spices.
- Turmeric Banana Coconut Chutney – Liven up an otherwise ho-hum salad sandwich. Ingredients: banana, coconut, apples, sugar, vinegar, garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Plum Garlic Chutney – Incredibly tasty with beans or with vegan meat substitutes. Ingredients: plums, garlic, vinegar, sugar, ginger, salt, sultanas and cayenne pepper.
- Spiced Pear Chutney – Turn it into a dip by whizzing in a blender with canned chick peas. Ingredients: pears, dried mixed fruit, sugar, ginger, garlic, mixed spice, cayenne pepper, salt and vinegar.
- Chilli Garlic Chutney – This chutney has a full-flavoured tomato base and works beautifully as a sauce for pizza or to stir through hot pasta. Ingredients: chillies, garlic, tomato, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, red chilli nectar and coconut.
- Extra Hot Chilli Garlic Chutney – A rich tomato blend with the heat of chillies. Try it as a pasta sauce or to smooth over pizza bases. Ingredients: chillies, habanero chillies, garlic, tomato, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, red chilli nectar and coconut.
- Onion Apricot Chutney – Mash avocado and stir through chutney for a wonderful sandwich spread or dip. Ingredients: apricot, onion, garlic, vinegar, sugar, cayenne pepper and spices.
- Mint Apple Chutney –Serve with hot roasted vegies straight out of the oven. Ingredients: apple, sugar, vinegar, mint, ginger, turmeric and mixed spice.
- Tamarind Date Apple Chutney – A delicious dipping sauce to serve with hot spring rolls and samosas. Ingredients: dates, apples tamarind paste, sugar, vinegar, ginger, mustard seed, chilli powder, aromatic salt and garam masala.
- Chilli Pineapple Chutney – Add to vegan cream cheese and serve as a dip or partner it with a mild curry. Ingredients: mango, apple, kiwi fruit, sugar, sultanas, garlic, chilli, coriander, cumin and ginger.
Go beyond the toast and marmalade brekkie favourite and use Bunny Chow Down’s marmalades across all courses. Sticky, sweet and lush, each one brings something different to the table.
- Orange Paprika Marmalade – Dream up a Breakfast Martini cocktail or stir through hot porridge and coconut yoghurt. Ingredients: orange, sugar, water and paprika.
- Lime Chilli Marmalade – Add to a Margarita or baste a nut roast for extra zing. Ingredients: lime, sugar, water and chilli.
- Spicy Lemon & Ginger Marmalade – Adds a sensational bitter twist to a Dark N Stormy cocktail. Ingredients: lemon, sugar, water, ginger, pectin and mixed spices.
It’s so easy to wake up even the blandest vegies when you have Bunny Chow Down’s pickles at your disposal.
- Vegetable Mustard Pickle – Toss a spoonful through a salad or cold fried rice for flavour that seems to appear out of nowhere. Ingredients: cauliflower, onion, carrot, cucumber, red capsicum, sugar, vinegar, corn flour, salt, mustard, mustard seed, turmeric, caraway seed and ginger.
- Wasabi Mustard Pickle – Rev up a banh mi with some spice and heat. Ingredients: cauliflower, onion, cucumber, sugar, vinegar, corn flour, salt, mustard, wasabi, turmeric, caraway seed and ginger.
Get creative and add jam to your life! One taste and you’ll know exactly what to do with it.
- Green Chilli Jam – Combine with natural yoghurt to make a potato filling or salad dressing. It’s fantastic with your favourite curry or as a dip for sausages and chips. Ingredients: green capsicum, courgette, sugar, white wine, vinegar garlic and green chillies.
- Red Chilli Jam – Blend with cream cheese for an excellent dip or sandwich spread. Drizzle over pizza for heat and more intense flavour. Ingredients: red capsicum, sugar, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, white wine and red chillies.
- Rosella Jam – Spread on toasted ciabatta then add sliced banana. Lovely on scones fresh out of the oven. Ingredients: rosella, sugar, lemon juice, pectin.
- Rosella Apple Chilli Jam – Lovely and sweet but with a chilli kick, add a dab to a curry, stew or rice dish.
- Cranberry Cinnamon Jam - Delightful with both savoury and sweet dishes. Smear on a sausage or enjoy with vanilla ice cream. Try it as a sponge cake filling or serve with roast turkey. Ingredients: sugar, apple, cranberry, orange juice, cinnamon.
Syrupy and intensely flavoured, these glazes will change your life!
- Strawberry Chilli Balsamic Glaze – Toss through your favourite green salad vegies for a bouncy flavour hit or enjoy as a bread dip with good olive oil. Ingredients: balsamic vinegar, sugar, strawberry and chilli.
- Ginger Chilli Soy Glaze – This one makes a sublime dressing for a basic Asian salad or as a dipping sauce for spring rolls and dumplings. Ingredients: soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, chilli and salt. Ingredients: soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, chilli and salt.
- Balsamic Glaze – Sweet and sticky, it’s ideal for blending with olive oil and dipping with crusty bread. Or, try marinating strawberries. Ingredients: balsamic vinegar, sugar.
Seasoning & Rubs
These dry seasonings and rubs are a great way to add flavour without drenching in liquid.
- BBQ Steak Seasoning – It says ‘steak’ but the ingredients are all vegan and you can use it any way you like! Ingredients: sugar, garlic salt, paprika, celery salt, dried onion, oregano, thyme, chilli powder, black pepper, basil, cayenne pepper.
- BBQ Beetroot Rub – Why not give some firm tofu the Indian treatment and grill it? Delicious! Ingredients: sugar, garlic salt, aromatic salt, dried onion, oregano, paprika, tandoori masala, chilli powder, thyme, black pepper, basil, cayenne pepper.
- Spicy Chicken Rub – Again, you don’t have to use it on chicken. All the ingredients are vegan so simply enjoy with your favourite protein. Ingredients: paprika, garlic salt, white pepper, aromatic salt, celery salt, ginger, mustard, black pepper, thyme, basil, oregano.
The must-have companion to keep by the barbecue at all times. Pick your favourite!
- BCD BBQ Sauce - Adds unexpected flavour to a juicy chicken breast. Slather it on ribs to create unforgettable smoky flavour or use it as a baste for spit roast meat. Ingredients: Ingredients: tomato sauce, water, onion, sugar, prepared mustard, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, veg oil, liquid smoke, spices.
- Spicy BBQ Sauce - Add to pulled meats for a deep, spicy flavour. Makes memorable, smoky barbecued ribs and can be used as a dipping sauce. Ingredients: tomato sauce, water, onion, sugar, prepared mustard, apple cider vinegar, Worcester sauce, molasses, veg oil, liquid smoke, spices.
Retailers and gift businesses
Your vegan customers will adore the Bunny Chow Down range of condiments, glazes, seasonings and rubs for the tremendous amount of flavour they add, while barely having to lift a finger. Stock the full range so your customers have plenty to choose from. Ideal for vegan outlets, delicatessens, food halls and greengrocers. The range is also particularly well suited to gift boxes and hampers, especially for themed gifts going out to vegan recipients.
Turn to Bunny Chow Down for tons of ways to add extra flavour to your new and existing dishes. Knowing they are vegan makes it easy for you to satisfy vegetarian and vegan customers too.
To find out more or to place an order, contact Bunny Chow Down today.